Monday, September 14, 2009

A Fine Frenzy


There are some people who are incredibly gifted and talented in the arts. Then there are those who are just gorgeous people. It’s the people who are both beautiful AND talented that make the rest of us just look bad. Alison Sudol of A Fine Frenzy is one of those people. Long gorgeous red hair that would make Poison Ivy jealous, dimples and amazing lips. Wrap up that package with an angelic voice and songwriting skills and I suddenly feel less than average. Lets add that she is only 24 and her band A Fine Frenzy has just released their second album this past week. The new album, Bomb In A Birdcage was one of Amazon’s Daily Deals and I have not stopped listening to it since I added it to the trusty iPod. Check out three tracks from the new album.








My First experience with A Fine Frenzy was actually on a mixed tape. Actually it was a CD but mixed CD doesn’t sound right to me. I’m sure we have all received one at sometime in our life whether it was from a special someone or a friend. Most of my closest friends live about 3 hours away so I make a lot of weekend trips up to see them. Since I have amazing friends they have often made me mixed tapes for my long car rides with their current favorites. Those mixes have been some of my favorite things I’ve gotten from my friends. The last one I received was a double disc set and it felt like Christmas putting it in the CD player not knowing what was on it. A Fine Frenzy’s track “Almost Lover” was on that mix and I immediately fell in love with it. Her music has changed a bit with the new album but it seems to only be getting better. Since, releasing her first album in 2007 titled One Cell In The Sea A Fine Frenzy has toured with Rufus Wainwright and Brandi Carlile.

Alison taught herself to play piano and began to write her own songs. She loves the outdoors and literature as well, which is where she found the name for her band. A Fine Frenzy comes from a line in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

I hope you enjoy a little sample of her music. If you enjoy it please go buy the Bomb In A Birdcage because the entire album is excellent.


http://www.myspace.com/afinefrenzy

I hope you enjoyed this weeks feature. Please let me know what you think. I love comments!

2 comments:

Allegra said...

well, i definitely like her. did you know ingrid michaelson has a new cd out?! gahhh!! :) weeee

The Fancy Lady said...

oo i love her hair i love the gingers and the music is amazing almost lover is my favorite except it makes me really sad every time i hear it lol